Penmon is a small village on the south-east tip of the Isle of Anglesey in Wales that was virtually destroyed by the Vikings in 971 AD.
Penmon lighthouse is given a new coat of paint every four or five years. The lighthouse is normally accessed by foot at low tide and by a boat during tidal flood. Built in 1838 at Black Point, or Trwyn-du, half a mile south of Puffin Island, Penmon lighthouse is situated on a low-lying rock surrounded by shingle beaches. Two keepers originally manned the lighthouse until it became automated in 1922.
It was converted to solar power in 1996.
This beautiful print shows a soft, dreamy effect on the waves thanks to a long exposure of 125 seconds.
Photography by John Woodworth.